Friday, January 18, 2013

My School Experience


I graduated from Dillard High school located in Fort Lauderdale Florida. One day at school my best friend of five years approached me asking if I wanted to make some extra money. I was very excited because in those days extra money was great because minimum wages was $3.35 an hour back then, anyways. I asked him what do we have to do, he said deliver packages after realizing what was in the packages I declined, well needless to say my best friend and I started leading two different lives. He dropped out of school and became one of the biggest drug dealers the Fort Lauderdale area. I graduated went to the military and studied engineering. One day I came home from the military on vacation and I received a call from my friend. He told me he hasn’t seen me for years and heard I was in town and wanted to hang out. That night he was supposed to pick me up so we could hang out in Miami. To make a long story short he never came, and I was so upset. Early next morning we received a call from his brother that my best friend from high school was shot in the head during a bad drug deal. I always think about the two paths that were offered to me and I’m happy of the one I chose, and I will continue to prosper on that path.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment